A longish session on Jack today. First I gave his shoulders a bit of shape by sloping them at the top.


Then I made some upper arms for him, together with a couple of balls for elbows.  I searched everywhere in my workshop for some suitable material for his forearms and couldn’t find any (now being collected on Friday) so I shelved the arms for the time being.  The upper arms are left long at the moment so that I can cut them at the right angle to fit to his shoulders.


Then I tackled his spade – steel handle and stainless blade. I have left the blade of the spade long so it can be set in the concrete which Jack will be mounted in.


Finally, I connected his hips to his shoulders with the spine I made the other day.  I have some strips I can weld across between his hips and his shoulders to give his body a bit of shape.